Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hold My Hand

When I got the news of Kang Wei being offered a job in Oslo, Norway for a year, lots of things started playing in my head. The house, the cars, our parents, loved ones, our dog, financial woes, etc. There was excitement, but fear is far more distinct as the date of departure approaches. I will be so so far from home and won't be able to come back as often as I wish. The amount of tears I cried during this time can already fill a bucket. As I carried these heavy burdens and cares, I longed for a strong hand to hold mine to keep me steady and secure. Isaiah 41:13 came to the picture. I kept assuring myself that God will take care of everything and everyone in Malaysia. Indeed, He did, by settling the house, cars, Kang Wei's taxes etc. in His perfect timing.
When we got here to Oslo, I was afraid that I will be lonely when Kang Wei is at work, plus the cold winter will not be too helpful in making new friends. So I hold on to this reminder on Joshua 1:9 which was given by Jack and Jill as a farewell gift. Isn't it a pretty little thing? :)

Everyday, I pray for God to make each day a victorious and fruitful day in Him for the both of us. Indeed He did, by placing more and more people in my life from the Oslo International Church, and also strangers on the street.

Just yesterday, when we were in Ikea testing out some sofas, a cute little Korean boy came up to me and gave me a hug all of a sudden. And he just stared and smiled at me, and hugged me again till his dad came and took him. My heart totally melted. While on the Ikea bus to get home, a 64-yr-old Norweigian lady started talking to us throughout the journey. She gave me her number to ring her up anytime for chat and coffee. She's a strong old lady- she bought so much stuffs from Ikea that we decided to help carry all her stuffs to the next bus stop. Thank You, Lord for making us a blessing to others as well. I believe these little gestures happened for a reason, and not by coincidence.

Jesus reminded me again that I will never walk alone. He will be right beside me all the way. He will walk with me and hold my hand at the "scary" parts. His constant care keeps my heart safely secured. Thank You, Daddy~

2 comments:

chrystie said...

awww, so encouraged by this post, ah net! amen, Jesus is with you and i believe that God will use you in many many ways during this one year in oslo. i love you! :)

lymjanet said...

Christine is it??? Haha.. Thanks...